You are here: Abbey Realty » Communities » Dupont

Dupont

dupont, WA Real EstateThe Nisqually tribe arrived in the area at least 5700 years ago, subsisting on shellfish from the beaches and salmon from Sequalitchew Creek. Captain George Vancouver mapped the area in 1792, and in 1833, the Hudson’s Bay Company established a fur trading post at Fort Nisqually. The fort was relocated upstream in 1843.
The first school in the area was the Nisqually Methodist Mission school, which operated from 1840 through 1842. Chloe A. Clarke was appointed teacher at the mission school.[4] The first public school was established in 1852, and in 1869, the federal government auctioned the site off to settlers. In 1906, DuPont purchased a 5-square-mile  area for construction of an explosives plant. By 1909, the company town had more than 100 houses.
DuPont was officially incorporated on March 26, 1912, and was re-incorporated in 1951.  DuPont has recently undergone a modern transformation as the modern planned communities such as “Northwest Landing” has been realized. The city is expected to have a built out population of 12,000+.

source: wikipedia.org


We're sorry, but there’s nothing to display here; MLS data service is not activated for this account.